- What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
My favorites are wool and alpaca. I still haven’t tried cotton yet. I am really really into handpainted sock yarn right now. I don't like novelty yarn or acrylic in general.
- What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I use some lovely needle rolls made by my SP8 spoiler. I love them.
- How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I’ve been knitting for about a year and a half – self taught. I would say I’m advanced beginner, I can do socks and have done a sweater but am terrified of things like intarsia. I plan to do lace soon but that scares me as well.
- Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes – Amazon. It's not too exciting at the moment.
- What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)
Pumpkin(!) or vanilla.
- Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Major sweet tooth. I love dark chocolate, plain with no add-ins. Except for dark chocolate Reese's cups, but I can never find them. :(
- What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
Nothing else really – I cook and bake but I don’t know if that counts. No spinning.
- What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like classical, new age, and old-school goth (yes, it’s a weird combo, I can explain if you're that interested).
- What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
Overall I prefer jewel tones – purple/plum is my favorite. I don’t like pastels, and I stay away from yellow. I have no problem with any neutrals (black, white, gray, cream, brown).
- What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I have a husband and 2 cats.
- Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I wear scarves, hats, mittens, and I’ve never worn a poncho. As to whether I would, I suppose it depends on the poncho.
- What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Bags and socks.
- What are you knitting right now?
2 different socks, a sweater for my husband (which seems to go on forever), and a rug (which I don’t work on that often).
- Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
In general, yes.
- Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I love love love circs. But I haven’t knit anything on them in awhile. I prefer bamboo for straights and DPN’s, but will also use aluminum. I prefer aluminum for circs. I’ve never tried plastic.
- Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Yes, to both. Bring on the hanks!
- How old is your oldest UFO?
About a year – I have a booga bag I have never gotten around to felting.
- What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas. Love it.
- Is there anything that you collect?
Not other than yarn…
- Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I really want to make the Baby Bobbi Bear pattern from Blue Sky Alpacas…hoping I will have time for that after finishing my work on Christmas gifts!
I subscribe to Interweave Knits.
- Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Lace…but like I said, it scares me. I will try it at some point soon, though!
- Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes, and I can’t wait to make some socks for MYSELF once I am done with all these gifts for Christmas! My feet are 10 inches long.
- When is your birthday? (mm/dd)