Sunday, April 29, 2007

A few more things..

My Rockin' Sock Club shipment showed up while I was in Baltimore...



Truly swoon-worthy. It may be a few weeks before I get started working with it, but I will get there.

Tonight's dinner:

Just LOOK at these. I hope these are as good as they look. Most artichokes have a stem 3/4 inch wide...these are at least an inch and a half. And the heart tends to be double the size of the stem. Whoah.

I am almost scared to eat dinner. But they are just about done steaming now...

So I will leave you with one more photo, of my favorite black cat, who likes to hang out on the top step so that we can fall down the stairs trying to avoid stepping on him...

3 comments:

Julie said...

I've been on quite an artichoke kick lately, helped along by low prices at the market. What are you planning to do with them?

Michelle said...

You're lucky - I wouldn't say we have low prices, but I love artichokes so I pay what they are asking.

I always just steam them and serve them with melted butter. To me, that is too perfect to bother doing anything else with them.

For the record, they were better than others I've had this season, but still not great. It's been a disappointing time for artichokes...

Unknown said...

I have artichokes in my garden. My husband loves them, I sort of like them. The yarn and the kitty look great. In fact, I LOVE that picture of your cat. It is just so...CAT.