Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Secret Pal Strikes Again!

I got a lovely little package from my SP on Saturday...


Inside was some Berrocco Glace yarn...

I have never used ribbon yarn before but am looking forward to giving it a try. The color didn't come through so well, but it is a beautiful plum color.

And a very grapefruit-y soy candle.

Soy candles are the best. I have never seen a soy votive - every soy candle I've ever seen has been in a glass holder, so I assumed that the soy wax was too soft to stand on its own. (Or maybe this thing will melt all over my table, we'll see.) ;)

Anyway, thanks SP! You have really been great so far.

In other news, I finished the first of my Inside Out socks on Sunday... I'm about an inch into the foot of the second one (right where it starts looking a little, um, untoward). I'll try to post some photos tomorrow - it's getting late and I want a little knitting time before bed.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Lovely yarn, and nice candle! Let me know how well it burns.

Hooray for the phallic socks!

Anonymous said...

oh yes i should've sent a disclaimer you MUST put it in a holder of some sort as it will turn to oil and melt all over the place!

the good thing is you can put it in anything, I have old jelly jars, jars from bigger candles, etc. it will melt all over the place-get all short and squatty-but....the next time you light it it will just reheat and turn into a giant puddle on top again.

i hope you haven't tried to burn it and it ruined a table or something! sowwie!