I hate my own birthday but love other people's. So in honor of Erica I am going to play the Wikipedia birthday game:
1. 1614 - In Virginia, Native American Pocahontas marries English colonist John Rolfe. (Awww.)
2. 1932 - Alcohol prohibition in Finland ended. Alcohol sales started in Alko liquor stores. (Woo hoo!)
3. 1972 - Vietnam War: North Vietnamese forces invade Binh Long Province, launching a second front of the Nguyen Hue Offensive. (This was the actual day I was born!)
I'm choosing to ignore the fact that there are also several events involving or related to airline disasters on my birthday.
1. 1908 - Bette Davis, American actress (d. 1989)
2. 1949 - Judith Resnik, American astronaut (d. 1986)
Arbor Day in South Korea (plant a tree! then hug it!)
Want to play along?
Go to Wikipedia
Search for your birthday Month and Day
Pick 3 events, 2 births and 1 holiday