Sunday, February 18, 2007

The basketweave progresses...

I got some better photos of the basketweave pattern this afternoon. Plus, yesterday I finished up the front and grafted together the front and back pieces. The pattern doesn't direct to do it this way, but I did because C has unusually long arms and I wanted to see how long the sleeves needed to be. It was a good thing I did, since the pattern says to make them 23 inches long, but upon measuring I discovered I actually need to make them 26.5 inches long. This is the benefit of knitting your own sweaters...C normally has to go up a size to have long enough sleeves. The body part of the sweater fits him quite well - it is somewhat close fitting but nowhere near tight (almost every sweater I've ever bought him is quite baggy since he is so thin). I didn't get photos of him modeling it, but at least you have these to look at:


Here is the front...2 stitches are being held for the little section that the zipper will attach to.


...and the back.

I am doing both sleeves simultaneously (it's going to be a tight fit on the needles once I get the increases in). So far I have finished the cuffs but have not started on the basketweave yet.


Finally, I promised a photo of my glass heart once I got it. I finally managed to take a photo of it. I really like it.


Yesterday I went out and ordered the furniture...excitement! But now we have to wait 4 months to get it :(

2 comments:

Michelle said...

The sweater looks great! And I love that glass heart.

Lacy said...

I'm impressed by all of it. I'm still stuck with scarves and hats, because that's all I have time for right now :(