Wednesday, January 31, 2007

The cell phone camera resurfaces...

But not with pics of my knitting... I got a package from my SP today!

She knows I love digestive biscuits and cannot find them in the US. (Obviously they're here somewhere because I had them before I ever set foot in the UK, but they were at parties and I have no clue where they came from.) I bought some when in Europe this fall, but they are LONG gone (as are 2 of the orange flavored ones from this package). According to the note inside, there is another package that was sent at the same time, so maybe that one will arrive tomorrow. Thanks Kellie!

And while I had my camera out, I decided to take some food photos. I decided we should start eating salads every night to get us more vitamins and other nutrients.

Carrots, kalamata olives, cucumber, fresh mozzarella, and red leaf lettuce. Quite good really.

And the pasta...

With tomato-vodka sauce. Yum!

OK, so here goes on the meme that Michelle tagged me for (I don't really understand what a meme is or what tagging is, but I'll play anyway.).

THE RULES: Each player of this game starts with the 6 weird things about you. People who get tagged need to write a blog of their own 6 weird things as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave a comment that says you are tagged in their comments and tell them to read your blog.

1. I despise going inside of gas station stores, post offices, and banks; I do everything I can to avoid this. (Luckily, I can send SP packages when no one else is inside the building, via the lovely automated machine...it doesn't bother me to be in there by myself.)

2. My favorite food in the whole world is artichokes (fresh!). But I never had one until I was 25.

3. When I am under a lot of stress, I dream about tornadoes. Usually I am desperately trying to get to shelter - sometimes I succeed, sometimes not.

4. I do not own a television, nor do I want to.

5. I hate spending money. When I need something, I will buy the best I can afford, but I hang onto my money pretty tightly. Luckily, C is the same way so we have never once had a fight over money.

6. I can't stand it if someone reads my newspaper before I do. This is normally only a problem when I have an overnight guest, and they innocently pick it up and start leafing through it. It takes everything I have not to rip it out of their hands.

So, I tag Kellie (don't know your blog URL yet), Sharon, Julie, and, um, I don't have 6 friends with blogs. *sigh*

No comments: