Monday, January 01, 2007

Clean Slate

Does anyone else have an uncontrollable urge to clean on January 1st? I am combining this with another uncontrollable urge - to relax after the craziness of the holidays. Hence, I am online for a few minutes, folding laundry for a few minutes, knitting for a few minutes, scrubbing sinks for a few minutes, etc. But it seems to work OK.

Last week I knit myself an alpaca neck cowl. SO nice to knit something on circs! (This photo is courtesy of my cell phone, as I'm not sure I can take a self portrait with the fancy digicam.) This will be nice to wear with my coats/outfits that don't work well with a long scarf.



Yesterday I started a pair of socks for myself. I have no idea how long this will take as I am NOT going to rush it and I will likely be working on other projects at the same time...but I will post periodic photos of my progress. The yarn is Plymouth Sockotta - 45% cotton, 40% superwash wool, and 15% nylon. I hope it is comfortable to wear...it feels strange to knit, a little rough.

Today I signed up for the Rockin' Sock Club...this entails knitting 6 pairs of socks over the course of the year (which is about equal to what I did in '06, with not being able to knit anything else). Am I nuts????

1 comment:

Julie said...

I've definitely had the cleaning/reorganizing bug myself. I'm about to tackle the fabric stash this week as my niece wants fabric scraps for decorating her new dollhouse.

The cowl is going to be so warm. My Frog Tree DNA scarf is by far the warmest and that's the one I grab when it's in the teens (though this year is oddly still very warm).