Thursday, January 18, 2007

My aching back...

So on Monday morning, I did some snow shoveling...about 2.5 inches in the driveway and about twice that much in the driveway apron where the plows came through. Everything felt fine while I was working, but as I was commuting later that morning, I felt a twinge in my back along the right shoulder blade. Over time it has gotten worse and worse.

Tonight I went for a massage after work and she loosened up some of the craziness in there, but I'm now starting to wonder if I tore something. I go alternately from feeling great to having horrific burning sensations in my shoulder. It's weird though; activity doesn't hurt it - swimming is no problem- but sitting in a chair is the worst.

So I'll be knitting for maybe 15 minutes tonight, then lying down with a heat pack on my shoulder for a bit before going to bed.

Many things have conspired against me finishing the latest retro rib, when the truth is I should be halfway finished with a second one by now. Not that there's any rush, but I've got so many things I want to do, and I've got no patience.

No comments: