Saturday, June 17, 2006

The frantic cleaning has begun.

With Mom coming in on Wednesday to be here for graduation, the cleaning needs to be very close to done by the end of the weekend. I am desperately trying to get the shower in the master bedroom clean. I have been using bleach pens and Comet with bleach (big sigh). I am so anti-bleach, but I have tried everything else at this point, and the bleach is working. Basically, there is a lot of red staining in there. I'm fairly certain it's not rust. Anyway, it comes off the tile and tub pretty easily, but the grout won't clean with anything but bleach. And the shower curtain needs to be replaced - I have one waiting in the wings until this is clean. One thing I'd like to note is that I shower almost exclusively at the gym, so C is really the only one who uses the shower. And he never cleans it :( Anyway, after today that shower is going to be PRISTINE, and I am going to make sure it stays that way.

C has gotten the rest of the bathroom cleaning done, and the spare bedroom and about half the living room. (I was out running errands for a couple hours this afternoon). So we have made good progress and should be able to finish tomorrow.

Oh, and I bought decorations for my graduation party today. I have had to plan my own party. But I would rather plan my own party than not have a party! Now I just have to decide whether I want to bake, or order an ice cream cake (and if ice cream cake, where to get it from).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hate having to plan my own parties, but I'm apparently in the same boat as you. If I don't do it (like for my recent 25th), it doesn't get done.