Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Secret Pal 9 Questionnaire!

  1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
    My favorites are wool and alpaca. I still haven’t tried cotton yet. I am really really into handpainted sock yarn right now. I don't like novelty yarn or acrylic in general.
  2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
    I use some lovely needle rolls made by my SP8 spoiler. I love them.
  3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
    I’ve been knitting for about a year and a half – self taught. I would say I’m advanced beginner, I can do socks and have done a sweater but am terrified of things like intarsia. I plan to do lace soon but that scares me as well.
  4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
    Yes – Amazon. It's not too exciting at the moment.
  5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)
    Pumpkin(!) or vanilla.
  6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
    Major sweet tooth. I love dark chocolate, plain with no add-ins. Except for dark chocolate Reese's cups, but I can never find them. :(
  7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
    Nothing else really – I cook and bake but I don’t know if that counts. No spinning.
  8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
    I like classical, new age, and old-school goth (yes, it’s a weird combo, I can explain if you're that interested).
  9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
    Overall I prefer jewel tones – purple/plum is my favorite. I don’t like pastels, and I stay away from yellow. I have no problem with any neutrals (black, white, gray, cream, brown).
  10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
    I have a husband and 2 cats.
  11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
    I wear scarves, hats, mittens, and I’ve never worn a poncho. As to whether I would, I suppose it depends on the poncho.
  12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
    Bags and socks.
  13. What are you knitting right now?
    2 different socks, a sweater for my husband (which seems to go on forever), and a rug (which I don’t work on that often).
  14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
    In general, yes.
  15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
    I love love love circs. But I haven’t knit anything on them in awhile. I prefer bamboo for straights and DPN’s, but will also use aluminum. I prefer aluminum for circs. I’ve never tried plastic.
  16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
    Yes, to both. Bring on the hanks!
  17. How old is your oldest UFO?
    About a year – I have a booga bag I have never gotten around to felting.
  18. What is your favorite holiday?
    Christmas. Love it.
  19. Is there anything that you collect?
    Not other than yarn…
  20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
    I really want to make the Baby Bobbi Bear pattern from Blue Sky Alpacas…hoping I will have time for that after finishing my work on Christmas gifts!
    I subscribe to Interweave Knits.
  21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
    Lace…but like I said, it scares me. I will try it at some point soon, though!
  22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
    Yes, and I can’t wait to make some socks for MYSELF once I am done with all these gifts for Christmas! My feet are 10 inches long.
  23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
    April 5th.

No comments: