Thursday, January 01, 2009

Goals met, and goals set.

I am not into the whole resolution thing (the hordes that descend upon my gym every January really annoy the crap out of me). But, I had some goals for 2008.

1) Knit 20 pairs of socks. A quick look at my 2008 FO list shows I made 24 pairs. Woot! I also made 2 sweaters, a few lace scarves, a pair of fingerless mitts, and a hat. Not bad at all!

2) Swim 500 miles. I hit that milestone on December 27th, and finished out the year with 506.

So there we go :)

I'm not planning to set specific number goals this year, really. On the exercise front, I'm not going to count miles anymore, but will keep with my standard 5-times-per-week (it has been 7 times per week for the last couple months to push me to the goal, but now that the holidays are over I can ratch it down a little). I do want to do yoga again at least once a week - it's been about a year and a half since I've done that.

For knitting, I want to get caught up with both my sock clubs and stay there, and also knit a Clapotis and at least one lace shawl. I might do a sweater if I can stand it. I'm sure I'll do additional socks as well, since I love it so much.

I also want to post on this blog AT LEAST once per week. We'll see how that goes but it's been driving me crazy that for the last few months all I've had are some FO posts.

No comments: