Saturday, April 26, 2008

Stuff.

So, I took 1/2 vacation day yesterday and went with some fabulous local knitters to see the Yarn Harlot. We got there super early, picked up our tickets, shopped for yarn, knit at Starbucks for awhile, had some dinner, and went to the event. Alas, it was not to be as Stephanie's flight(s) were cancelled. The weather was pretty brutal. Not all day, but when it decided to whip up, it was intense. When we got back to our meeting place, we decided to go to Caribou Coffee and knit for a bit anyway. It was still a really nice time.

I did finish Sidewinder #1 last week:

You can see it's a little baggy in places...but it's wearable. Not so fun to do all the kitchenering (not miserable either, just loooooooong). I am casting on for #2 tonight.

I did pick up a little goodie on the excursion yesterday:

Kureyon sock. This is to make some rainbow stripey socks for C. It's pretty scratchy but I've heard over and over that it really softens up with washing, so I'll have my fingers crossed.

No comments: