Saturday, December 29, 2007

Holiday Fun

Since I've only been posting about knitting FO's lately, there is a fair amount of updating to do about the holidays.

My mom came into town the Sunday before Christmas, getting here around suppertime. Even though I had to work on Christmas Eve, C was off work, and the two of them were able to do some prep. I did get out of work early, and we were able to go to church before supper. I had bought some HUGE crab legs, and they didn't quite fit in our biggest pot:


We tried and tried to come up with a solution, and finally found one:

Whatever works! The crab was fabulous....so yummy!

Christmas morning gift display:


My Bayerische socks finally made their "on-feet" debut on Christmas!

I have to admit, now that I'm away from the pain of making them - I love them.

Highlights from my gifts....


I already have a lovely stand mixer, but for jobs that are smaller, a hand mixer is more appropriate...but my hand mixer was about to burn out, and this is a very fancy one with all kinds of attachments. :)


This will come in handy for future apple-pie making (I think C already wants to make a pie...)


All sorts of fun stuff in here!


This looks amusing - have only flipped through it so far, though.


SOCK YARN!!!!
I know you all are thoroughly shocked at the color ;) This is Handmaiden Casbah, which is 80% merino, 10% cashmere, and 10% nylon. I can't wait to use it. I really need to get faster at sock knitting!


Fun shirt from my sister :)


Brand new computer!!! This thing is tiny. It's about 3 inches tall, and if I put my hand on the top of it, my hand covers it completely. I spent Thursday getting it up and running, and put a few finishing touches on it yesterday. It is going to be absolutely lovely for photo editing and blogging. I'm sure I'll do more optimization over time, but I am going to really enjoy having this.

And now for the Christmas feast!


Warm spinach salad with bacon, mushrooms, roasted red pepper, and pine nuts...


Herb crusted rack of lamb (our first time roasting a rack and it turned out beautifully)


Freshly made spaghetti tossed with fresh herbs and olive oil (and yes, we did drink that HUGE bottle of wine...it's 5 liters in case you were curious).

Hope everyone else had a great one too. I look forward to hearing about things once the craziness winds down!

1 comment:

Beth said...

lovely gifts, great looking meal :) I got a hand mixer this year too... mine blew up making Christmas cookies the week prior.