Saturday, January 20, 2007

Weekend full of music...

Last night we went to a local symphony performance - primarily because they were playing Barber's Adagio for Strings, which is my favorite EVER. They also did the Strauss Oboe Concerto, which was really a lot of fun...and then Beethoven's 7th, which I didn't think I was familiar with, but it turns out I was because we have it on CD. It's just sort of sunk in over the years, but it was an unconscious awareness.

Tonight is an MSO concert in our subscription...Rachmaninoff Piano Concerto No. 3 and excerpts from Prokofiev's Cinderella.

How do I manage to go to 2 symphony performances in one weekend and NO violin concerto? Sad. But now that I think about it, a string orchestra piece (the Adagio) is even better. I just have a weakness for strings. Must be why I married a violinist - and maybe why I got into knitting ;)

Just cross your fingers for me that I can stay awake tonight...I have been so incredibly tired lately...

1 comment:

Michelle said...

What a great series of concerts! The Rach 3 should keep you awake, anyway. (I actually prefer the Rach 2, myself).

I was in a choir that sang a choral version of the Barber Adagio, once. Beautiful piece, absolutely nowhere to breathe.