Sunday, May 04, 2008

Good stuff.

I haven't yet shown my "Jury socks," which I started while I was on jury duty. I usually knit a few rows on this during lunchtime at work, and I keep it in the car in case I have to wait for any reason (but I never knit while I'm in the driver's seat!).

These are just the Yarn Harlot basic sock recipe. I'm using US 1 bamboo DPNs, which are icky icky icky (I so much prefer the metal circulars). The yarn is some Opal that I had sitting around (but the ball band has long ago disappeared). These will be for C, when I get around to finishing them. Might be a little while but he's not in a hurry anyway.

I will be casting on tonight for 2 new pairs of socks...

First is the "Salish Sea" socks, which are the last installment of the 2007 Rockin' Sock Club. Here is the yarn - STR mediumweight in "Bella Coola":
(sorry for the huge size, I tried to re-size but apparently the yarn wants to show off its color). It appears I never blogged this yarn when I got it, nor did I stash it on Ravelry....but then we all know how December goes.

I am also doing Aquaphobia as part of a KAL with Ktog. I have no yarn with enough yardage, so I had to call upon the Loopy Ewe for help:

(All the yarn seems to be show-offy tonight.) This is Cherry Tree Hill Supersock Thin, in the Mardi Gras colorway (exclusive to the Loopy Ewe). I really have to hand it to Sheri - I ordered this on Thursday morning, and received it yesterday. Now that's service! This is totally not my usual color choice. I was looking with 2 criteria in mind: 1) yardage, and 2) lots of color variation. I may not keep the Aquaphobias for myself - someone lucky may end up with them for Christmas :) But for right now I'm undecided.

I also have to show off the fabulous pizzas we made last night:

We have been eating a lot of pizza lately as we experiment with crusts (such a sacrifice!). There will be more experimentation, but this is my favorite so far. You can't see it, but there is a mix of wild mushrooms under the cheese there. Yum! The crust recipe is here!

No comments: